Welfare News

This page contains latest information on dealing with new Club Welfare Officer issues.

Hampshire Youth Football Clubs are reminded that as part of their affiliation process they are required to have in place a fully qualified Club Welfare Officer. The designated volunteer Welfare Officer must have an accepted in-date FA Criminal Records Check (CRC) within the last 3 years of the date of issue of the disclosure. Hampshire FA’s directive is that CRC’s are to be renewed every 3 years as at some point in 2015 it will become a legal requirement to have an accepted CRC in place prior to volunteering and engaging within regulated activity (football) unsupervised. Once the designated volunteer Club Welfare Officer has their accepted CRC disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) the next step is to book on a Safeguarding Workshop qualification by clicking on the this link which will take you to the courses section; there you can book onto your chosen course or scroll for further courses and dates click here. Alternatively if you are having trouble booking on a course, please email Jackie Binnington (Senior Football Education Officer at Hampshire FA) who will be able to process your booking: Jackie.Binnington@HampshireFA.com.

The Safeguarding Workshop is 3 hours in duration and is tutor led. The final course can then be undertaken which is the Welfare Officer Workshop (WOW) again a 3 hour tutor led course booking again made through Jackie Day. Once a Club Welfare Officer is fully qualified they will then be in a position to verify CRC’s for their respective Club Coaches and Managers by contacting  FAChecks@TheFA.Com  or call 0845 210 8080 Option 1 to register their Club for online checks. Online CRC’s can be processed in 4 – 5 days and are £10 instead of £20 for a paperwork version application. Paperwork CRC’s are known to sometimes take up to 4- 6 weeks to process. Full support and guidance for Clubs who are changing over their current Welfare Officer or for newly formed Clubs who need to establish a volunteer for the CWO position can be obtained through the County Welfare Officer Ian Binks by calling 01256 853012 or e mail Ian.Binks@HampshireFA.Com