Protecting our refs
Before you start refereeing, we want to make sure that you are covered for all possible eventualities. That is why our offer is so competitive...
When you register or re-register as a Hampshire FA referee, you are provided with the option to take out Personal Accident Insurance - please note this is optional for you to do so. Together with The FA's National Insurance Provider, Bluefin Sport, a personal accident product has been specifically created to meet the requirements and needs of referees, assessors and coaches for just £5.00. Please click on the below document to view.
Get In Touch
By Phone: 01256 853010
(8:30am - 5:15pm Monday - Friday)
Once purchased the policy operates whilst at any ground or premises within the United Kingdom where there is an agreed county affiliated fixture, organised training or association meeting and includes travelling directly to and from such activities.
The policy extends to the following members who have opted into the facility:
- Registered referees
- Registered assessors
- Registered coaches
- Society members.
- Being a professional referee or coach.
- Suicide or deliberate self harm.
- Claims as a direct result of an insured person being a member of the armed forces.
- Any claim attributable either to arthritic or other degenerative conditions in joints, bones, muscles, tendons or ligaments.
- Repetitive stress (strain) injury or syndrome.
- lnfluence of alcohol, solvents, drugs or medication unless prescribed.
- Sickness or disease.
- Naturally occurring condition or gradually operating cause.
- Engaging in a criminal act, riot or civil commotion.
- Temporary total disablement if the insured person has no paid usual occupation or if the insured persons’ usual occupation is as a referee or assessor.
We recommend you check the policy for full details of exclusions. Please contact Andy Moisey, Referee Development Manager for details:.
In the first instance regarding the insurance scheme, we advise that you contact Andy Moisey, Referee Development Manager, who will be able to assist you with all enquiries. However, if you require any advice and would like to speak to Bluefin Sport directly, you can do so as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0345 872 5060.
This scheme operates from a set period each year - 1 July to 30 June inclusive. The premium and expiry date remain the same regardless of when someone joins the scheme. Premiums stated include Insurance Premium Tax at the applicable rate and is based on 12 months cover.