Squad Girls' Football
If you’re aged 12 to 14 and are keen to kickstart or continue your football journey, then Squad Girls’ Football is just what you need!
Offering a fun, non-competitive way to play football locally, Squad Girls’ Football caters for all, whether you’re completely new to the sport, are looking to transition from Weetabix Wildcats, or simply want to give it a go!
Sessions are designed to help develop core skills, both on and off the pitch, whilst allowing you to have your say about how the sessions run and what activities you take part in.
From gaining confidence and learning key leadership skills, to perfecting your passing and dribbling – Squad has it all! What’s more, Squad provides the perfect place to make friends for life and have loads of fun and laughs along the way!
Things to note:
• Sessions usually last around one hour
• Each session has around 15 – 20 participants
• No commitment required, you can come to as many or as few Squad sessions as you like!
Ready to Find Your Squad? Simply follow these steps to get started:
1) Visit https://find.englandfootball.com/ and use the Find Football tool to find your nearest session
2) Book your place
3) Come along and join the fun!
1) What is Squad Girls’ Football?
Squad Girls’ Football is a programme created by England Football, which is supported by Sport England. It’s targeted at girls aged 12-14 who want to get involved with football in a fun, non-competitive environment. It’s all about being with and making new friends, whilst having loads of fun!
2) How can I find a Squad Girls’ Football session?
Finding your nearest Squad Girls’ Football session couldn’t be easier! Simply click here and search using our Find Football tool.
3) How much does a Squad Girls’ Football session cost?
This varies dependent on provider. Please contact your nearest Squad Girls’ Football provider for more information.
4) Can parents stay and watch Squad Girls’ Football sessions?
We love when parents stay to watch or even join in with Squad Girls’ Football sessions, however please check with your provider that it’s ok to do so, just in case!
5) Who runs Squad Girls’ Football sessions?
Squad Girls’ Football sessions are run by clubs and individual programme providers up and down the country. All Squad Girls’ Football deliverers will have either completed the EE Playmaker course or will be a Level 1-3 FA coach. Additionally, all of our deliverers will have attended Squad Girls’ Football specific training to ensure they’re fully equipped to make the sessions the very best they can be!
6) How can I get involved in hosting Squad Girls’ Football sessions?
If you’re interested in becoming a Squad Girls’ Football provider, you’ll need to complete the EE Playmaker course or be a Level 1-3 FA coach. For more information about how to get started, please click here.