The Hampshire FA Facilities & Investment team are hosting a free workshop for clubs, schools and facility providers.
Who is this workshop for
- Schools, clubs, and other sport providers who are applying for a grant of £25,000 or more for improvements to their sport facilities.
- Schools, clubs, and other sport providers who are in the early stages of identifying the grant that fits their needs.
- Schools, clubs, and other sport providers who want to find out more about community engagement, how to diversify their provision, strengthening links with local stakeholders, and learning more about the application process for grant applications.
If you wish to attend this workshop, we encourage you to bring along another volunteer, colleague, or friend who can support you with the application process and share the knowledge gained during the workshop.
Topics that we’ll be covering in this workshop
- Overview of the application process for grants, new guidelines about multi-sport usage, and the importance of offering opportunities for all pathways (male, disability, women & girls, recreational etc).
- Introduction to the principles of community engagement, what is it, why it’s important, and it’s impact on sports.
- Practical workshop 1 – community mapping of your club, school, or sport facility
- Examples of effective community engagement work within Hampshire (Active Through Football, Walking Football Programme, Chapel Gate application, and more).
- Practical workshop 2 – creating an effective community engagement strategy
- Next steps – what the community engagement application looks like, and the support that we can offer.
- What community engagement is and how you can use it to support your grant application for improvements to your sport facility.
- Who the community members around their facility are and will have an action plan on how to strengthen links with those communities.
Monday 29th January 2024
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Winklebury Football Complex, Basingstoke
If you are having trouble accessing the below form, please click here.
If you have any questions about this workshops, please email Alienor.Chartier@HampshireFA.com