Dementia Connect Referrals - Support is available
Dementia Connect provides personalised support to people from day one of their dementia journey. This includes a combination of one-to-one support both in person and over the phone, as well as online resources and local groups. Dementia Connect is here for people with all types of dementia, with a diagnosis or pre-diagnosis. As well as carers, family or friends of someone who has dementia. Alzheimer’s Society and The FA are working together so that fans, players, coaches and staff can access support through Dementia Connect, should they need it.
How to make a referral
You may speak to an individual who would like to be referred to Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Connect service themselves or refer someone they know. To make a referral, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Alzheimer’s Society website
- Complete the form on the webpage above alongside the individual who has asked to be referred or is referring someone they know. Please include as much detail as the individual is comfortable in sharing.
If they are referring someone they know, ask if they have that person’s consent. It is essential to have the referee’s consent to proceed.
- When prompted to enter a referrer ID enter the code FA-DEMENTIA. Alzheimer’s Society will monitor the number of referrals they receive through this route and therefore how many people The FA have supported through this partnership.
- Reassure the individual that all information submitted will be entered onto Alzheimer’s Society systems and held securely
- The individual concerned will then be referred into Dementia Connect and will receive a call from a dementia adviser within a week for a full assessment of their needs
- Your Alzheimer’s Society Account Manager will report back quarterly with numbers of referrals we have received through our partnership.
For more information visit the Dementia Connect FAQ page for frequently asked questions about the Dementia Connect service.
Dementia Connect referral session key points