Vacancy - Disability Football Ambassador
What is the role?
Hampshire FA are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team as a DISABILITY FOOTBALL AMBASSADOR.
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs in applying their learnings from the Disability Football Training to create and implement their own Disability Football game plan, creating more opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Drive engagement at every level of clubs to maximise and sustain these opportunities for disabled people.
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support.
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners.
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders.
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club.
What we are looking for:
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for disability football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
These roles are offered on a casual worker contract for 50 hours over the course of the remaining 2022/23 season, with potential for the roles to continue into the 2023/24 season, subject to securing additional funding. These roles are paid at an hourly rate of £25, inclusive of all travel costs. There are no fixed hours for these roles, and they will involve evening & weekend commitments.
Successful candidates will need to commit to attending one of the following Ambassador training dates at either Surrey FA (9th March) or Gloucestershire FA (16th March)
Applications by 24th February 2023