Hampshire FA’s Diversity Workshops for Coaches Series is coming back for its second season!
Thank you again to all the coaches who supported us last season and thank you to the FA for selecting this project as a finalist in the Coach Development category for the County FA Recognition Award Ceremony.
Our second season will run for six months (December 2022 to May 2023) and will offer coaches and PE Teachers the opportunity to learn more about 6 important EDI topics:
- LGBTQ+ Awareness - Terminology, the rules & laws, tackling LGBT-phobia, best practice
- Young People - Youth Council, protecting young people from discrimination, banter & generational gaps, Youth Academies, supporting young people who are coming out
- Anti-Racism Awareness - Racism & anti-racism, micro-aggressions & banter, representation & unconscious bias, best practice examples
Religious Awareness - Important religious dates, Hampshire’s religious makeup, islamophobia antisemitism & other religious abuse, religious hate crime, best practice examples
- Women’s Health - Misogyny, period equality & awareness, menopause policies, pregnancy in football, kit awareness, and best practise examples
- Mental Health Awareness - The impact of discrimination, isolation & inactivity, team building activities, making football fun & enjoyable, mental health myths & taboos
We’ll be running two trainings per month: an online webinar (1 hour) and a face-to-face workshop (2 hours). Coaches can choose whether they prefer learning in a safe and anonymous online space or within a group and activity driven workshop.
Coaches will be awarded 1 to 2 hours of CPD (depending on the training). The coaches who attend the most training within this series will be awarded the “EDI Champion Award” at the Hampshire FA Grassroots Awards in July 2023.
You can already book on to attend our December & January CPD Events:
We are still confirming the final details for guest speakers and locations – to stay up to date with the latest info, follow @HFA_CC and @aliechartier on Twitter or consult our Diversity Workshops Menu.
For more information about the Diversity Workshops for Coaches, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com