Hampshire FA is delighted to confirm 66 award recipients for this year’s Hampshire FA Grassroots Football Awards Ceremony sponsored by BSA Regal.
The Hampshire FA Grassroots Football Awards recognise and celebrate the people and organisations that have made outstanding contributions to grassroots football in Hampshire. This year will see Hampshire FA return to a physical awards ceremony, following last year’s virtual awards ceremony (watch here) as a result of COVID-19.
Details for The Hampshire FA Grassroots Football Awards Ceremony 2022 sponsored by BSA Regal are as follows:
Date: Saturday 25th June 2022
Venue: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Entry to this event is currently by invitation only, however, ticketing may be opened up to the local grassroots football community (dependent on final confirmed numbers). Details for which will be announced in due course via the Hampshire FA website, should tickets become available.
Hampshire FA would like to offer a huge congratulations to all of the award winners below for their fantastic contributions to grassroots football in Hampshire.
Service to Football Awards
A service to football award is made for 25 years’ continuous or aggregated voluntary service to the county and each winner is nominated by their local Divisional Football Association.
- Tony Cherry
- Phil Donovan
- Kierin Gurrie
- Roger Peirce
- Colin Brown
- Dave Pritchard
- Julie Culliford-Brace
- Desmond Murphy
- John Sexton
- Neil Cassar
- Bill Moore
- Bob Purkiss
- Larry Spake
- Mike Thomas
Referees Service to Football Awards
A Hampshire FA Referees Service to Football Award is made to referees and assessors who have been registered and active in the county for 25 years.
Certificate of Commendation
A Hampshire FA Certificate of Commendation is awarded to an individual for 10 years’ additional service following the award of a Hampshire FA Service to Football or Referees Service to Football Award.
- Roger King
- Steve Dalton
- Paul Sturrock
- Malcolm Edwards
- Stuart Wallis
The FA 50 Year Awards
The FA 50 Year Award is a highly prestigious award made to those who have given an astonishing 50 years’ service to football.
- John Spalding
- Roger Harvey
Hampshire FA Referees Awards
These awards are for individuals who have made outstanding contributions to refereeing during the 2021-22 season.
- Paul Scoble – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Refereeing
- Jordan McRitchie – Award for Most Promising Referee (16-25) for Outstanding Performance & Contribution in Refereeing
- Alan Gower – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Refereeing from a Volunteer
- Gary Parsons – Award for a Male Referee for Outstanding Performance & Contribution in Refereeing
- Fern Holleyoak - Award for a Female Referee for Outstanding Performance & Contribution in Refereeing
- Mark James – Award for Outstanding Contribution to Refereeing from a Referee Development Setting
Hampshire FA Grounds Team of the Year Awards sponsored by Fleet Line Markers
These awards recognise the grounds teams that are working hard to provide the very best playing surfaces across Hampshire. The winners are selected by a panel of industry experts, including our partners, Fleet Line Markers, and Hampshire FA’s Facility Development Manager, Sacha Nicholas.
- 1st Place – Steve Mowlem and Dave Pritchard (West Howe FC)
- 2nd Place – Ben Page (Broughton FC)
- 3rd Place – Steve Berry (East Christchurch SSC FC)
- 4th Place – Mark Jeffries (New Milton Town FC)
England Football & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards Local Winners
The England Football and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards are for people who make a positive difference. It’s our way to celebrate the fantastic individuals who put their heart and soul into the grassroots game across England – and say a huge thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire us all.
For more information about these awards, including the criteria for each award category, click here.
The following individuals were selected as local winners for Hampshire FA and submitted to the National England Football judging panel for consideration for a national England Football & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Award.
- Wai Wan (Southampton Womens FC) – Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth
- Wayne Luckins (Sands United FC Solent) - Grassroots Coach of the Year for Adults
- Eastleigh Tornadoes – Grassroots Club of the Year
- Hampshire Girls Football League – Grassroots League of the Year
- Barbara Watts (League Secretary, Hampshire County Women’s Football League) – Grassroots Volunteer of the Year
- Jamie Davis (MFC Popley Youth) - Rising Star of the Year
- Brian Drudge (Shanklin FC) – Grounds Team of the Year
- Steven Fletcher (Solent Sports FC) – Grassroots Project of the Year
- Michael Ridge - Grassroots Match Official of the Year
- Ben Walshaw (Hart Youth) – Spirit of Grassroots Football Award
Hampshire FA Fair Play Awards
These awards recognise the clubs within each region/sector of grassroots football in Hampshire with the best discipline records for the 2021-22 season.
- Adult Female Club – Gosport Falcons Ladies
- Youth Female Club – City Ladies Youth
- Adult Male Club (Aldershot) – Farnham Spitfires
- Adult Male Club (North Hants) – AFC Hatch Warren
- Adult Male Club (Bournemouth) – AJFC
- Adult Male Club (Portsmouth) – AFC Prospect Farm Rangers
- Adult Male Club (Southampton) – Cottage
- Adult Male Club (Isle of Wight) – Seaview
- Youth Club (Aldershot) – Manor Colts Youth
- Youth Club (North Hants) – Brighton Hill Youth
- Youth Club (Bournemouth) – Bransgore Youth
- Youth Club (Portsmouth) – Purbrook Youth
- Youth Club (Southampton) – Fawley Falcons Youth
- Youth Club (Isle of Wight) – Bembridge Youth
Hampshire FA EDI Heroes Awards
The EDI Heroes awards are new for the 2021-22 season, recognising people and organisations that have carried out extraordinary work to better support equality, diversity and inclusion within Hampshire’s grassroots football community.
- Abdoulie Sanneh and Victoria Ugwoeme (TUVAA)
- Don John
- Meon Milton FC
- Balwinder Bhatti (City Central)
Hampshire FA Community Trust Award
This award is to recognise an individual, club, league or organisation that has gone above and beyond to improve the three pillars of the Hampshire FA Community Trust (Disability Football, Equality & Inclusion, and Community Coaching) throughout the 2021-22 season.
- Eastleigh FC Community Trust Pan Disability Football League
Hampshire FA Academy Awards
As the pilot year of the Hampshire FA Academy comes to a close, these awards recognise stand-out accomplishments by the students on the programme.
- Hampshire FA Academy Reds’ Student of the Season – Josh Ramsden
- Hampshire FA Academy Blues’ Student of the Season – James Dibden
- Hampshire FA Academy Goal of the Season – Justin Dominey
Hampshire FA Special Awards
These awards are to recognise outstanding achievements and contributions within grassroots football for the 2021-22 season.
- Crookham Rovers Football Club – For their 50th anniversary
- Aldershot & Farnborough Schools FA – For winning the English Schools FA National Cup Finals in 2021 (Under 13’s) and 2022 (Under 14’s).
More Information about the Hampshire FA Grassroots Football Awards 2022 sponsored by BSA Regal will be announced via the Hampshire FA website in due course, including a link to the digital event programme.
If you have any enquiries relating to this, please contact Awards@HampshireFA.com