Hampshire FA Saturday U13 Cup Final Winners 2022

Millbrook JPL Win the Boys Saturday U13 Cup

John Moody
Hampshire FA Boys Saturday U13 Cup Final 2022 Match Report

📸 - Graham Scambler Photography | View Match Gallery

Millbrook JPL  2  Proco Youth  2  (3-1 on penalties)

The final was held at the Winklebury Football Complex at Basingstoke. on Saturday 21st May 2022. A minutes silence was observed before the kick off in memory of Robin Osborne the President of the Hampshire Football Association who recently passed away.

The match was sponsored by Savvy Accountancy Solutions and the match balls sponsors were Southern Ground Care.

Proco started well and had most of the early play but could not score. The first serious shot came from Riley Yeates but it was well saved by Millbrook's 'keeper' Reuben Allen.

As they continued to press Lucca Jordan had another good chance but he screwed his shot wide. The breakthrough came in the 27th minute when Alex Warner got lucky with a long distance punt which went over 'keeper's head and into the net.

Millbrook had an escape when Riley Yeates had the empty net in front of him after the 'keeper had lost the ball presenting him with an easy goal but he missed badly.

Just before half time Millbrook' s Morgan Biddleston put in a run deep into the penalty area but he shot wide.

Ironically early in the second half he had another similar chance which he put over the bar.

Millbrook equalised in the 38th minute when Jack Madwick netted from close range leaving 'keeper' Eddie Brooke stranded.

Proco came back and Yeates had a good chance which was saved by the 'keeper's feet.

In the 66th minute Millbrook took the lead when the 'keeper' had an unfortunate slip which let in Morgan Biddleson to walk the ball into the empty net. From the kick off Proco nearly equalised but Tommy Boyes put his shot over the bar.

With time running out Proco got back on even terms when Kyson Barry collected a long clearance and as the 'keeper' came off his line, Barry reached the ball first and he headed over the 'keeper' into the net.

Within seconds of the goal the Referee blew the final whistle which triggered the dreaded the penalty shootout. Millbrook won the cup by 3-1 with their 'keeper' Reuben Allen saving three penalties which won him the Player of the Match Award.

The Referee was Nathan Cheung who was Assisted by Dylan Loucaides and Freddie Pearce and the Fourth Official was Thomas Layland.


The Squads:

Millbrook JPL:

Reuben Allen, Caleb Quinn, Henley Madden, Jack Madgwick, Jack Fielder Joshua Burke, Mitchel Pitts (c), Morgan Biddleston, Philip Chen, James Fisher, George House, Sonny Arnold, Jude Lewis and William Orchard.

Proco Youth:

Eddie Brooke, Mathew Gregory, Kyson Barry, Alfie Scott, Tommy Boyes, Riley Yeates, Charlie Webb, Louis Addis, Max Forrest-Charde, Jack Ralph, Alex Warner, Tyler Subramani, Finley Thomson, Luca Jordan and Alex Plant.