We are accepting application to become a Squad Girls' Football provider, offering football opportunities for girls aged 12-14.
The aim for this new and exciting programme is to provide girls between the ages of 12-14 a fun, relevant and engaging recreational offer that allows them to develop themselves as much as their football skills in a safe, inclusive environment. The programme has been specifically designed to give autonomy, choice and voice to the girls who are involved in the sessions.
In the lead up to UEFA Women’s EURO tournament in the summer of 2022, we will be signposting all young girls to find their nearest football offer and start to reap the benefits of playing our national game, so what better time to be a part of this exciting programme! This programme offers you as a provider with the unique opportunity to collaborate with The FA to ensure this new offer meets the needs of girls and provides them with the best possible recreational football experience. We are very excited to have the opportunity to work with you and wish you the best of luck with your application!
Applications are welcomed from any organisation that meet our Squad programme criteria. Organisations that have previously delivered the England Football Unite pilot will be eligible to apply to deliver our new Squad Girls’ Football programme. We want to ensure there is access and opportunity for every girl and woman to be involved in our sport, and for the game to be truly representative of our society across all protected characteristics and social backgrounds. We therefore welcome and actively encourage applications from all communities and organisations that meet the programme criteria.
The delivery of Squad Girls’ Football involves the organisation of a unique offer of Squad sessions at a particular location and time aimed at attracting a particular cohort/group of girls aged between 12-14.
- The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 16 weeks per year
- It must operate for at least two years (i.e. a minimum of 16 weeks in EACH year)
- It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 20 girls/participants per session
- It must have staffing ratios appropriate to the group must be maintained (see Page 18)
- Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
- As a deliverer of the Squad programme, providers must adhere to the criteria set out in the document attached below
- £900 of funding distributed across two years
- Full training
- Kit and Equipment including Nike balls, bibs, cones and marketing pack
- Marketing assets and session resources
- FA and County FA support
The application window will be open from 17th January until 11th March will providers notified by 18th March. Providers will then receive full training being delivery can commence from 6th June onwards.
To apply, please click here.
For more information contact Flo.Lunn@HampshireFA.com or Squad@TheFA.com