VACANCY: Community Engagement & Inclusion Officer
Hampshire FA is excited to offer this unique opportunity to help make football more inclusive in Hampshire...
Download the Application Pack Here
What is the role?
We are looking to transform how we engage with local communities and ensure as many people as possible can play, watch and volunteer in the game.
What will you do?
- You would lead our engagement process learn of the challenges faced by under represented groups when accessing football
- You would develop projects to overcome these challenges and impact positively on our community
- You would review key programmes to assess their effectiveness and improve how we work
- You would actively challenge all forms of discrimination in football
What do you need?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience/understanding of engaging and working with communities on a local level
- Ability to manage multiple, ongoing working relationships/partnerships
- Ability to support and influence colleagues
HOW TO APPLY:
Please see the accompanying application pack (click here to download). These should be used as a guide when completing the application form. The application form can be made available in alternative formats and should this be required please contact us (Chris.Smith@HampshireFA.com) to advise of your requirements.
Please complete the application form by clicking here.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to interview for the role. The exact format of the interview will be confirmed with notice of the interview and reasonable adjustments can be made to accommodate any needs you may have.
Hampshire FA have an understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and would be grateful if you could complete an optional, anonymous equality monitoring form as part of your application. By completing this questionnaire, you are helping us to plan for the future and ensure we recruit from a diverse pool of applicants that are appropriate and relevant to the community we serve.
Please complete the equality monitoring form by clicking here.
Hampshire FA are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (check through the FA DBS process). The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 17th November 2021
Interview Dates: 25th/26th November 2021
Virtual Information Evening
To learn more about the role join us virtually on Wednesday 10th November at 6pm.
Register to attend here: https://forms.office.com/r/YME259mTKt
Hampshire FA are an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply for all roles. After a review, we are taking a number of steps to diversify our workforce through more inclusive recruitment practice.
Steps taken include but are not limited to;
- reviewing the language used within adverts and role descriptions (gender decoder, consultation with IAG and associated reference groups)
- using application forms (in place of CVs/Covering Letters) and anonymous shortlisting to mitigate unconscious bias
- making all documents, including application form, available in a variety of formats
- anonymously monitoring the diversity of the application pool for each role,
- broadening our advertising and promotion network
Hampshire FA are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. For this vacancy, successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through the FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post with Hampshire FA, all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Hampshire FA appointments are subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks and the receipt of references. All staff who are new to the County FA will receive a Safeguarding Induction and Briefing and will be subject to a probationary period.
If you would like to discuss any of the above with us or have suggestions that could further improve the inclusivity of our recruitment process please contact Chris Smith at Chris.Smith@HampshireFA.com