The FA Grassroots Awards Nominations Now Open
Football is a game For All. It is people who make grassroots football happen week-in, week-out. From supporters, referees, coaches or volunteers, winners will be those whose actions and behaviour make The FA’s PRIDE values part of the game for their clubs, leagues and communities.
The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards are for people who make a positive difference. It’s our way to celebrate the fantastic individuals who put their heart and soul into the grassroots game across England – and say a huge thank you to the incredible volunteers who inspire us all.
How the awards work
These awards are to recognise and reward the people, clubs and leagues that deliver grassroots football throughout the country. The awards are split into categories, and County FAs select a local winner for each from the public’s nominations. These form a shortlist for our national winners, selected by a national judging panel.
How to make nominations
Individuals are nominated by someone else (not themselves), while anyone involved in a club or league can nominate their own club and/or league.
Nominations are now open. Please follow the link below to vote for this year's categories:
- 26 February: Nominations open
- 19 March: Unveiling of the Bobby Moore plinth and Grassroots Awards plaque at Wembley
- 18 May: Nominations close
- 26 May: County FAs announce local winners
- 9 June: National Panel – national winners selected
- 2 August: National winners’ ceremony at The FA Community Shield, Wembley