Hampshire FA COVID-19 Updated Statement
Please see the important message from Hampshire FA CEO, Neil Cassar:
Firstly, I hope you are all safe, well and keeping positive whilst we battle against this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic together.
Following a Hampshire FA Board meeting held on Monday, 23 March 2020, I am writing to advise you on updated key actions we will implementing with immediate effect:
- Suspension of grassroots football including matches, training and friendlies to continue until further notice (in accordance with advice from The FA)
- All Hampshire FA events (including cup finals), courses and meetings postponed until 30 April 2020 (unless meetings can be held by Teams, Webex or other electronic means)
- Hampshire FA hub sites at Winklebury Football Complex, Stoneham Lane Football Complex and Front Lawn Community Hub to remain closed until 30 April 2020
- With effect from 26 March 2020, all Hampshire FA staff with the exception of those listed below will be on furlough leave at until (at least) 30 April 2020:
- Neil Cassar, CEO – Neil.Cassar@HampshireFA.com
- Darren Parker, Operations Manager – Darren.Parker@HampshireFA.com
- Chris Smith, Development Manager – Chris.Smith@HampshireFA.com
- Emma Allen, Marketing & PR Manager – Emma.Allen@HampshireFA.com
Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term. All members of staff will not be financially disadvantaged during their period of furlough leave.
Our workforce have been fantastically supportive of this decision and look forward to returning to work at the earliest possible opportunity.
Therefore, please direct any enquiries through to one of the four members of staff mentioned above and we will respond as swiftly as we possibly can.
Please stay safe, keep well and follow government advice #HFATogether
CEO, Hampshire FA