Elite Women’s Referee Coach | Salary Honoria | Location National | Closing Date Wednesday 7th August
With growing excitement around the women’s game, the FA is looking for two elite referee coaches to join the FA referee development workforce focusing solely on developing our elite female referees.
We are looking for creative, progressive, and dedicated coaches who will approach the role with passion for the women’s game and who are ambitious and committed to driving women’s refereeing forward.
- To actively support, coach and develop an allocated number of female referees who operate on the Women’s Super League and Women’s Championship.
- To actively support, coach and develop our international match officials representing The FA around the world.
- To provide match day coaching to female referees operating in the Womens professional game.
- To encourage referees to self-evaluate and provide feedback in conjunction with evaluation/observer schemes.
- To attend and support National Women’s Referee training events.
- To actively work with our current referee coaches in all areas of women’s refereeing and the women’s game, ensuring advice is consistent and accurate across the team.
- To support the education of male referees operating within the elite women’s game
- To positively promote women’s football and women’s refereeing
- To regularly consult with the Women’s Refereeing Manager and the Head of Refereeing reporting on progress
- To work with key stakeholders to support the development and education of our FIFA women match officials.
- A passion and understanding for the women’s game.
- A willingness to dedicate themselves to supporting women’s refereeing and women’s football
- Recently active as a referee, referee observer, coach or mentor.
- Ability to elicit feedback through self-exploration
- Confident to provide ‘ideas for consideration’ rather than direction to improve performance.
- Experience in building and maintaining two way relationships
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, the women’s game
- Understanding of the operation of the Women’s Super League, Women’s Championship, and Women’s National League, and high performing environments
- Aunderstanding of international refereeing, its structures and processes
- Ability to coherently interpret observations to identify trends and opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of the PGMOL evaluation scheme
Please send written applications to Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Wednesday 7th August.