Match Reports - Saturday 30th March

Hampshire FA
Round up of the action from the Girls U14, Saturday U15 and Saturday U16 Finals played on 30th March 2019!



Pompey in the Community 0 – AFC Bournemouth Community Sports Trust 5 – played at the PMC Stadium, Baffins, Portsmouth, on Saturday 30th March 2 019.


Despite playing on home territory Pompey were unable prise the cup out the hands of the holders and still champions, Bournemouth, in a closer fought cup final than the score indicates.


Two good saves from the Pompey 'keeper Emma Dillon early in the game set the pattern for the match but it took Bournemouth 20 minutes before they could break down the stubborn Pompey defence. The deadlock was broken by Lucy Cooper who converted a free kick.


A minute later Bournemouth went two-up when a close range shot from Lucy Cooper hit the back of the net.


Almost on half time Freya Patton scored Bournemouth's third goal from a corner and two minutes into the second half Aimee Woodward collected a weak goal kick and looped the ball over the advancing 'keeper.


Pompey had not given up however, and when Orlaith O'Mahony, the Bournemouth 'keeper, also came off her line to collect a ball but failed to hold it, the rebound was unfortunately sliced wide of the empty net.


After this let-off Bournemouth continued to press and Kitty Todd put in a penetrating run but shot wide when well placed.


A couple of minutes into added time Cooper added Bournemouth's fifth goal after a good run, she rounded the 'keeper and rolled the ball home.


The Referee was Scott Moore and his Assistants were Lucy Hawkins and Ellie Parker. The fourth official was Robbie Brodie.


The match was sponsored by Savvy Accountancy Solutions and Splash Display sponsored the match ball.


The Player of the Match award went to Bournemouth's Elle Elkins.


The Squads :Pompey in the Community - Emma Dillon, Sammy Smith, Rosie O'Beirne, Nicole Redmond, Rebecca Johnson, Ruby Saunders, Jessica Key, Lola Nutland, Ellen Tonkins, Ellie Hooker, Shania Moore, Calla Swain, Maisie Aldridge and Flo Yearsley.


Bournemouth Community Sports Trust – Emily Adams, Sophie Andrews, Lucy Cooper, Sophie Dawson, Elle Elkins, Hannah Francis, India Gregory, Issie Jones, Sophie Matthews, Orlaith O'Mahony, Freya Patton, Georgia Reeks, Faith Small, Kitty Todd, Yasmin Wall and Aimee Woodward.






Curley Park Ranges 3 Laverstock and Ford Youth 2 – played at the PMC Stadium, Baffins, Portsmouth, on Saturday 30th March 2 019.


This cup final was unusual in so far as neither team was based in Hampshire, Curley Park are a Surrey side and Laverstock and Ford are a Wiltshire team but both qualified for a Hampshire cup competition.


The match was evenly contested with the result not known too very late in the game.


Laverstock and Ford made a good start and went ahead in the 19th minute when a corner was shot in by Aston Mussell but his shot rebounded to Sam Boudry, who scored with the rebound.


Curley Park came back and a long range shot by Jonathan Chapman was well saved by Harvey Roberts. As they continued to press Joshua Smith had his shot saved and then a free kick by Issac Becket looked to be in but Roberts managed to push it over the bar.


Just before half time, Curley Park got their break. Luke Hay sent Finn Aherne away and he scored from close range.


With only the second kick of the second half Curley Park took the lead. The ball was touched to Smith and he shot from a fraction over the halfway line to score before Roberts had settled in his goal from the whistle (41st minute) .


A somewhat controversial goal in the 67th minute evened up the scores. Laverstock and Ford's Cameron Thatcher appeared to have put the ball over the line but the Referee disagreed and played on. His Assistant, flagged and after a discussion, he changed his ruling and bravely gave the goal.


Both sides then went for the winner and a cracking last few minutes ensued when Curley Park's Smith harried a Laverstock and Ford defender in losing the ball and a scored the winner in the 70th minute.


The Referee was Thomas Kelly and his Assistants were Thomas Farlow and Elliott Lyons. The Fourth Official was Robert Crook.


The match was sponsored by Savvy Accountancy Solutions and the match ball was sponsored by Trophyman.


The Player of the Match and Curley Park's Joshua Smith.


The squads: Curley Park Ranges - Kieran Rush, Kai Hobbs, Jack Ryan, Tomas Gandy, Jamie Halbrow, Ashton Prescott, Charles Pearson, Jasper Robinson, Finn Aherne, Ciaran McArthur, Issac Beckett, Joshua Smith, Luke Hay, Jonathon Chapman, Harrison Lewin and Alex Ravenhill.


Laverstock and Ford Youth – Harvey Roberts, Billy Campbell-Smith, William Waterson, Lian O'Riordan, William Totman, Christian Roberts, Alex Wood, Sam Boudry, Sam Shearing, Jay Newman, Jack Vincent, Carlos Fernando, Aston Mussell, George Goff and Cameron Thatcher.






MFC Popley 4 Eastleigh FC 0 – played at the PMC Stadium, Baffins, Portsmouth, on Saturday 30th March 2 019.


On paper Popley were the under dogs going into this cup final, a youth club up against a professional club but they turned the tables and won at a canter. It was pleasing that a talent scout from Fulham F.C. attended the match at this level of football. Who he was watching was never revealed!


The first half was evenly matched with neither 'keeper being seriously 'worked'. Popley started well and put Eastleigh under some pressure but they battled back and the stalemate resumed.


What happened in the Popley dressing room at half time was either some brilliant tactics work by the manager and coaches or just a miracle– they played the second have as if they were the senior team!


A great solo run and shot was saved in the 49th minute but the rebound fell to Popley's Callum Willis who broke the deadlock from close range.


Popley went two-up in the 54th minute when a short free kick, straight out the coaching book, rolled to Max Ashby standing unmarked in the box. He accepted the chance beating 'keeper Adam Lewingrey with an angled shot.


The goal that made it impossible for Eastleigh to get back into the came in the 65th minute when a great solo run by Matthew Fulton out paced the defence and he netted from close range.


Two minutes from time, with Eastleigh pressing hard for a consolation goal, they were caught on the break by Callum Willis to score Popley's fourth and final goal.


The Referee was William Fesssey and his two Assistants were Louis Hepburn and Matthew Corless. The Fourth Official was Darren Cuthbert.


The match was sponsored by Savvy Accountancy Solutions and the match ball was sponsored by My Club Pro.


The Player of the Match Award went to Popley's Max Ashby.


The squads: MFC Popley – Huw Holliman, Sonsam Purja, Shay Barham, Aiden Temple, Jamie Etheridge, Harvey Burgess, Matthew Fulton, Max Ashby, Charlie Forster, Ben Daniell, Matthew Whittaker, Adam Poynter, Ryan Driscoll, Callum Willis and William Brean.


Eastleigh Football Club – Adam Lewingrey, Sonny Ford, Louis Blomberg, Joe Carroll, Jamie Burgess, Drew Eccott-Young, Jack Mann, Bailey Tabor, Reece Kimber, Kejuan Barrow, Lyle Simpson, Owen Reynolds, Joe Roberts, Jordan Cansdale Archie McCulkin and Rob Eddicott.