Hampshire FA Supports Stonewall UK Rainbow Laces Campaign
Since its launch in 2013, Rainbow Laces has become a fixture in the sports calendar and thousands of laces have been bought by fans who previously would never have had the tools or confidence to show their support for LGBT people in sport. National teams, leading clubs, top athletes, fans and grassroots players are therefore lacing up to Come Out for LGBT people in sport as sadly, Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia still remain a problem at all levels of sport.
Stonewall UK has developed a range of measures to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic abuse as part of its Rainbow Laces campaign. These include a training programme for sports coaches who work with young people so they can ensure they are making sport inclusive. The charity has also developed a sports toolkit for grassroots and community sport to help build awareness and understanding of the issues affecting LGBT people. Hundreds of schools and clubs have signed up to join in with a week of action to show that we can all play a part in making sport everyone’s game.
At Hampshire FA, we are equally committed to showing our full support and dedication to inclusion and equality, ensuring that everyone in the game feels welcomed and accepted for who they are. We aim to eliminate barriers and challenges however possible which seek to affect anyone's participation and strongly support the work of Stonewall UK and the very ethos that SPORT IS FOR EVERYONE. We want to echo the message that football is everyone's game and have a duty to uphold this message and everything it stands for, on and off the pitch.
We are delighted that once again we will be supporting the Stonewall UK Rainbow Laces campaign and have compiled a range of different campaigns to show our support. We hope you will join us!
1) Hampshire FA will provide 5 clubs with x40 pairs of rainbow laces as part of a social media campaign to support Stonewall UK's #RainbowLaces campaign!
The social media campaign will see clubs implementing one of the below points (or both for extra laces!) once they have received the laces, with this taking place/actioned on either Friday 30th November, Saturday 1st December or Sunday 2nd December. The club can choose which dates it wishes to implement the social media initiative.
- Take a min of 5 photos of the club (players and/or workforce) wearing and showcasing the laces and post them on social media (Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram) using the hashtag #RainbowLaces and tagging in @StonewallUK, The @FA and @HampshireFA.
- Periscope and/or record a short video of the session or match whereby the players and/or workforce are wearing and showcasing the laces. The video roughly needs to be a minute in length to get a full picture of the laces being worn by the players and/or workforce.The video will need to be shared on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram using the hashtag #RainbowLaces and tagging in @StonewallUK, The @FA and @HampshireFA.
- If clubs agree to do BOTH the first and second point, they will be rewarded with an extra 5 pairs of laces - please register for this option on the survey.
Hampshire FA will send out the laces to all 5 clubs on the same day for a next day delivery and/or the laces will be delivered by a Hampshire FA staff member.
2) 1x Retweeting campaign for 1 lucky person’s chance to win a FREE pair of rainbow laces. A #RainbowLaces poster will be shared on Hampshire FA's Twitter channel on Friday 23rd November - Sunday 25th November closing at 12pm. Simply click the like and retweet button for your chance to win, that is all! A lucky dip will determine the winner on Monday 26th November at 12pm with Hampshire FA sending out the rainbow laces to the lucky individual the very same day!
3) A variety of marketing assets including adverts and posters relating to the #RainbowLaces campaign will be placed/dotted around Hampshire FA's website. Hampshire FA will provide a small hint as to whether that poster / advert is on the Hampshire FA website, with hints given on the Hampshire FA Twitter channel. If you manage to work out the page that advert / poster is featured on, simply copy and paste the web link of the page, sending it to: Isabella.Pearson@HampshireFA.com. There are only 5 pairs of laces up for grabs. Could you be in with a chance of finding the advert? Please note the pairs of rainbow laces will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. This campaign will launch on Monday 26th November and will finish when all the adverts have been found and thus all the laces have been claimed!