Corporate Social Responsibility
Driving change for the benefit of all
Young Lives Vs Cancer
Hampshire FA has teamed up with Young Lives Vs Cancer to support Childhood Cancer Awareness month this September. We are calling on our members to help us by sharing football-themed drawings, poems, short stories, or messages of hope or any form of artwork that we can share with the young people coping with a cancer diagnosis. You are also welcome to donate to the charity here. Please share your artwork on the link below keeping yourself anonymous at all times. We will share this across our channels once received.
Hampshire FA CSR DEVELOPMENTS
A CSR snapshot of everything we're doing..
- External Recycling Bins are in place at all Hampshire FA facilities.
- Automatic Motion lights have been installed at all Hampshire FA facilities.
- LED Floodlights have been installed at Front Lawn and Winklebury which reduces carbon footprint/energy use by 50-60% compared to Metal Halide. Stoneham are currently working with Eastleigh Borough Council and other funders to change all floodlights at Stoneham to LED.
- We are working with Bettavend to move to fully recycled products
- We have conducted a pilot project with Tickbox of introducing reusable flasks with an incentive attached for all members (20p reduction in hot drink price if using a reusable flask/cup).
- Stoneham are currently working with Eastleigh Borough Council and other funders to get a borehole installed to support water irrigation to grass pitches, this will reduce/minus out mains water use.
- We have introduced water fountains (Eden) for staff use to minimise drinking water bottles, and to encourage staff to bring in their own water canisters to drink from.
- Winklebury currently has solar panels to support energy requirements at the facility
- Facilities are moving towards electric grounds kit. Stoneham and Winklebury currently use battery leaf blowers, and will soon be moving to battery strimmers, this will progress to bigger kit/machinery in time, allowing us to reduce our carbon foot print and use of fuels such as diesel and unleaded petrol.
- Football Boot Bins have been installed across all sites to allow participants to take a free pair, reuse or exchange footwear for their sessions and training
- Winklebury Football Complex sponsored by Topodium Group are currently trialling a paperless QR maintenance log system for checks. This will be rolled out to all facilities if the pilot is successful.
- We are actively exploring the Cycle to Work Scheme to promote cycling and planning safe routes to our facilities.
- Facility staff have attended 'Kick Plastic Out Of Sport' sessions to increase awareness around reducing plastic use at the facilities, and believe a photo shoot with a collection of plastic bottles used over a weekend in one big pile would give out a statement that something needs to be done, will work on when and how to do this.
- Partnership established with Award Winning Product Social Enterprise Hey Girls providing reusable period products across all sites for staff and the Hampshire FA Academy
- Refugee football sessions hosted and delivered at Winklebury Football Complex in partnership with Care4Calais charity. 22+ participants attend weekly football sessions, with free footwear given, food and water for the participants.
Our cleaning providers and partners, Elanse Cleaning, use 100% biodegradable materials across all of Hampshire FA's facilities. Additionally, water based disinfectants and white vinegar is used for cleaning, reducing exposure to toxins and improving air quality. No spray bottles or cans are used and all materials are recyclable and reusable. Cleaning products are also purchased in bulk to avoid additional deliveries, lessening our carbon footprint.
Our official Line Marking Partners at Fleet Line Markers make all of their paints using solar power at their factory in Malvern. Paints are also stored in reusable containers and/or boxes and refilled when required. Fleet Line Markers are members of GRASS, the grounds resources and sustainability solutions group, emphasising their commitment to the environment.
All tea and syrups are Fairtrade across all of Hampshire FA's facilities. The new self-serve vending machine at Stoneham Lane Football Complex has recyclable cups instead of disposable cups. Additionally, the coffee supplied is ethically sourced and is the award-winning Caffe Praego (Corporate Social Responsibility award winners 2021). All coffee supplied by our partners and suppliers at Bettavend has the Rainforest Alliance certification.
All three facilities supply Fairtrade juice.
Best CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SCHEME OR INITIATIVE
Hampshire FA achieved Bronze for the Best Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme or Initiative at the 2022 Football Business Awards, making it the first ever county FA to achieve an award at the national awards ceremony. The award was achieved from the partnership established with the Havant & East Hants Mind charity.