The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements and by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to met the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Suggested additional learning opportunities:
Coaching Visually Impaired Players
Coaching Wheelchair Players
- Coaching Deaf Players
- Disability Equality Workshop