The FA Level 3 UEFA B in Coaching Football
- Develop your understanding of the England DNA
- Refine your beliefs, values and coaching and playing philosophy
- Develop your players by designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs.
- Understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
- Understand what relevant and effective practice looks like in both training and competition
HAMPSHIRE FA COURSE update
Applications for this season (2019/20) are closed and 24 learners have been accepted onto the course that starts in April 2020. The courses started slightly later this year due to changes made by The FA. More information on this can be found here.
Those coaches wishing to apply for this course will need to wait until our applications for Season 2020/21 open (date TBC). We are currently waiting for an update from FA Education with specific time frames for when we can start our applications for season 20/21. As soon as we know this we will update all HFACC Members and the website.
To receive updates on the applications for season 2020/21, please sign up to the Hampshire FA Coaches Community (HFACC) here.
Hampshire FA's shortlisting process
For season 2020/21, Hampshire FA will be adopting a 3 stage process which consists of the following*:
Stage 1: Selection criteria - only those coaches who meet the above selection criteria will be shortlisted to stage 2.
Stage 2: Video task - those coaches who meet the selection criteria will be tasked to complete a short video of them coaching. The specific details for this task will be communicated to all shortlisted coaches.
Stage 3: UEFA B insight day - this stage is new for season 2020/21 and will involve all shortlisted coaches from the video task stage to be invited to a central venue (Hampshire FA Hub Site) to take part in a course insight day and 1-to-1 interview with the FA course tutors. Again, all relevant information will be communicated to those coaches who are successful in making it to stage 3 of the shortlisting process.
- Read the Selection Criteria and course pre-requisites above
- Start to gather video footage of you coaching your team(s) in preparation for stage 2. Please ensure all media consent is approved by your club before you start collecting video footage
- Attend formal and informal CPD events (doesn't have to just be L2-3 bridging events)
- Become a member of the Hampshire FA Coaches Community to keep up to date with relevant information regarding the course
- Network with coaches who have completed their UEFA B, see if the course is right for you - a great opportunity to do this is on any of our CPD events!
*This process is subject to change due to course updates - any changes will be posted here on our website page.
Level 2-3 CPD events
We are aware of the demand for these events and will notify all HFACC members (Level 2 coaches only) once new events like these are confirmed and ready to book online.