Hampshire FA Media Projects Programme
Creating opportunities for students
The Hampshire FA Media Projects Programme is aimed at students taking part in a media or journalism-related degree at a university.
The Media Projects Programme involves the successful completion of a Hampshire FA media project and/or bespoke project (as agreed with the association). The programme will run from September – March each year, in line with academic studies.
Individuals, as well as groups or students, can apply for the projects available.
Only one project can be assigned per student and/or group unless there are multiple opportunities advertised and are available for one specific project (i.e. a video documentary and/or a journalistic piece). The opportunities will be listed under each project for students to apply.
Please note that projects are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and in writing to help us track progress.
New projects will be added to the programme as and when required however must be completed within the programme timeline (September - March).
All projects however must be completed and received by the end of March, each year. This is in line with the judging arrangements for the Hampshire FA Grassroots Football Awards.
Media Projects Programme
We are proud to work with our university partners to offer more opportunities for students to showcase their work, utilise their skills and experience and work with us for the benefit of shining the light on the grassroots game in Hampshire.
How it will work:
- Hampshire FA will collate a series of projects available within the association
- Hampshire FA will partner with universities within the county (or beyond) and conclude arrangements for the Media Projects Programme partnership. Students can only apply to projects once their university has signed up to the programme.
- Hampshire FA will arrange a date and time to come to the university and present the various projects and opportunities available to all students.
- We will then invite interest and any questions from the students on the projects available (Q&A at the end).
- Hampshire FA will collate the interest of students that are interested in the Media Projects Programme and will invite them to apply (follow-up comms with steps to complete) once they have reviewed all of the details.
- Hampshire FA will pay for the student's DBS certificate and coordinate safeguarding training prior to conducting the projects (as required).
- Hampshire FA will confirm the students' placements and outline the next steps to get started for their projects.
You can start at any point from 1st September, however, all projects must be completed by the 31st March each year. The cut off start date (to commence a new project) is the 10th March. After that point, we will no longer be accepting anyone on the programme to ensure everything is completed and finalised by the end of the month.
Projects are county-wide, so all across Hampshire. As such, students must be prepared to travel as and when required. Travel expenses will be signed-off/approved for every project prior to commencement. Expenses will only be paid after the project has been completed.
There will be two points of contact - your university and the Hampshire FA Marcomms team.
You will be assigned a project mentor, an assigned staff member from the Marketing & Communications team at Hampshire FA that will help coordinate all arrangements for your project placement, put you through the DBS and safeguarding training and arrange everything with the club/league or organisation as required if external to the association.
Denis Brzozowski and Isabella Pearson will oversee this programme. Your project lead will also be responsible for signing off and coordinating your travel expenses as part of the project.