It is the duty of all match officials to ensure that they have an understanding on the current Laws of the Game.
The latest version of the Laws of the Game can be downloaded directly by clicking the following links:
- FIFA Laws of the Game - 2016/17
- Summary of Law Changes - Law by Law - 2016/17
- Summary of Law Changes, Players, Coaches and Media 2016/17
A PowerPoint Presentation is available to download from the following link; which is a Revision of the Laws of the Game including video footage, which referees may find useful to view. The file will need to downloaded, before you will be able to play the PowerPoint, please therefore be patient whilst the file is downloading.
For those Officiating Youth Football click the following link
For the following documents please visit the documents section at the bottom of the page.
- 2016/17 - A Summary of the changes most likely to be encountered in local football.
- Advice on the application of the laws of the game.
- FA Guidelines for Assistant Referees - fouls in and around the penalty area (July 2014).
- FA Guidelines for Assistant Referees - Indicating a Penalty Kick (July 2014).
- FA Guidelines for Assistant Referees - FAQs.
- Pitch and goal post dimensions, including advice on goal post safety.
- Guidance on Third Generation (3G) turf.
- Refereeing and Equality - FAQ's.
If after studying these documents you still require further advice please direct your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FA Advice on the Application of the Laws of the Game
- AR indicating a penalty kick - July 2014
- FA Guidelines for Assistant Referees - Fouls in and around the Penalty Area - July 2014
- Assistant Penalty Kick - Frequently Asked Questions
- The FA Guide to Pitch and Goalpost Dimensions
- The FA - 3G Football Turf Guidance
- Refereeing and Equality
- FA - Small Sided Laws of the Game