Hampshire FA is seeking to recruit a Referee Development Officer to assist in the day to day running of the Referees Department based in Basingstoke.
The position reports direct to the Referee Development Manager and will also provide quarterly updates to the Chief Executive.
The successful candidate will be diligent, approachable, and focused on customer service.
The role encompasses:
- To lead the delivery of education and training of new and existing referees.
- To lead and develop referee academies within the county in partnership with professional clubs.
- To support the delivery of The FA’s National Game Strategy within the County with a specific focus on refereeing.
- To support effective recruitment and retention of referees.
- To assist in the development of the refereeing workforce including observers, mentors, tutors and other volunteers.
- To provide administrative support to the Referee Development Manager
To apply you need to have previous experience in an administrative role and/or sports development, have excellent customer service skills and ideally some knowledge of football at a local level. You must be able to work in a busy team environment but also be able to demonstrate the willingness to work flexible hours. Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence and motivate others.
For further information on the role or to request a copy of the job description, please contact Andy Moisey at Andy.Moisey@HampshireFA.Com
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter marked “Private & Confidential” to:
Andy Moisey, Referee Development Manager, Hampshire FA, Winklebury Football Complex, Winklebury Way, Basingstoke, RG23 8BF or via email to Andy.Moisey@HampshireFA.Com
Salary: Circa £20,000
Closing date: 14 November 2018
Interview date: 20 November 2018
Hampshire FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.