FA Learning launched its first ever coach licensing scheme in 2011: The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club has since gone to become the largest Coaching Membership in the world. The scheme aims to raise standards in coaching across the game by ensuring that coaches keep their training and qualifications up to date.Click here for all regional conferences.
The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club forms a key part of imbedding the England DNA into Grassroots Football, in particular HOW WE COACH & HOW WE SUPPORT.
In today’s ever evolving game, it is essential that coaches at all levels of the game keep up to speed with new coaching techniques and advice.
The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club will require that coaches meet the following criteria in order to join:-
1) Min Level One coaching qualification
2) Emergency Aid certificate
3) FA Safeguarding children certificate
4) FA CRB check (if coaching children)
Once they are licensed to coach, coaches will need to ensure they commit to a certain level of training every year in order to retain their licence:-
Level One - 3 hours per year
Level Two - 5 hours per year
Level Three / UEFA B - 5 hours per year
UEFA A & Pro Licence - 5 hours per year
This training can be made up in a number of ways, such as by taking additional qualifications, completing an online course, learning alongside an FA Coach Mentor or attending a local CPD event. In order to encourage coaches to join and get their coaching licence, coaches will receive a number of benefits from the scheme:-
1) Access to a new website with online resources, session plans, interviews and coaching news.
2) Free England tickets (ballot entry for all home matches for every England team).
3) Discounts on FA Learning courses.
4) Access to accredited local training events.
5) FA Photo Coaching Licence.
6) Option to purchase insurance.
7) Option to subscribe to The FA’s coaching magazine.
8) Option to subscribe to UEFA’s coaching tool, TaxtX.
9) Option to Join Captured
To join The FA Licenced Coaches Club click here
Please send any enquiries to Jake.Ashton@HampshireFA.com.